Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Angelina Jolie Had Double Mastectomy


                                            

While it is true that prevention is better than cure, this news really did shock me upon hearing it on the news tv.

One of My favorite actress Angelina Jolie had a Double Mastectomy. She had both of her breast removed. Having preventive double mastectomy will lower the risk of developing cancer in the future.

Angelina Jolie stated on one of her interviews that she carries a faulty gene, that can develop breast cancer and ovarian cancer. It was also mentioned that is was not easy deciding about it but thinking about her Mom died from cancer at the age of 56, made her more sure to do so. 

She went through the medical procedure for 3 months to have her breast removed and then reconstructed. This is from February through the ending of April. Brad Pitt is there to support her all the way.

"I am fortunate to have a partner, Brad Pitt, who is so loving and supportive," says Jolie. " and that she did it for her family.

In my opinion, Although I was really surprised to hear what she has done but I think it was the toughest decision any woman could ever done but having a supportive partner like Brad Pitt, it will surely make it easier for her. Anyways, family comes first and when you have them beside you, nothing else matters but their love and support.

To Angelina Jolie, I admire you then and I admire you more now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads by Google