I always find it interesting to see or watch someone cooked and I love to see how they prepare it and there presentation always come out good!
Spice up your Life
I love cooking but i dont do it that often, because of my busy schedules. However, each time i have a chance, i usually attempt to prepare something and more often than not, it will likely be dessert because for the main dish, my Mom is doing that for the family.
I always find it interesting to see or watch someone cooked and i love to see how they prepare it and there presentation always come out good!
I made my Leche Flan today and i use the heart shape molds, so it would come out with a much nicer shape but there are several aluminum molds that you can choose from.
Let me share you the tips on how to make this mouth watering Leche Flan.
Filipino Dessert similar to Flan and Creme Brulee.
It is easy to make and has always been a crowd favorite during every occasions or celebrations.
You can also give this as a gift when you visit someone.
Leche Flan Recipe Ingredients:
* 1 can (390g) evaporated milk
* 1 can (390g) condensed milk
* 10 egg yolks
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or lemon essence
Leche Flan Caramel Recipe:
* 1 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup water
Leche Flan Recipe Cooking Instructions:
* In a saucepan, mix the sugar & water. Bring to a boil for a few minutes until the sugar caramelize.
* Pour the caramelized sugar into aluminum molds – you can use any shape: oval, round or square.
* Spread the caramel on the bottom of the molds.
* Mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla by hand or blender.
* Gently pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum moulds. Fill the moulds to about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick.
* Cover molds individually with aluminum foil.
* Steam for about 45 minutes OR
* Bake for about 45 minutes. Before baking the Leche Flan, place the molds on a larger baking pan half filled with very hot water. Pre-heat oven to about 370 degrees before baking.
* Let cool then refrigerate.
Leche Flan Recipe To serve:
Run a thin knife around the edges of the mold to loosen the Leche Flan. Place a platter on top of the mould and quickly turn upside down to position the golden brown caramel on top.
Leche Flan Recipe Cooking Tips:
You can tell when the Leche Flan is cooked by inserting a knife -if it comes out clean, it is cooked.
It is best to SERVE when its Cold.